Ciorbă from Arabic, via the Turkish word çorba is a general Romanian word describing sour soups consisting of various vegetables and meat. Most Romanians differentiate between "supă" (soup) and "ciorbă" by the fact that soup has no added acid and Ciorba is soured is usually withsauerkraut juice, lemon juice, vinegar, sour grape leaves or green sorrel leaves.
- 1 onion
- 1 carrot
- 1 potato
- 2 stalks celery
- 1 green pepper
- 12 cup green beans
- vegetable stock (or chicken bouillon)
- 1 tbsp tomato paste
- 2 tomatoes
- 12 lemon (juice of)
- 4 cups water
- Cut all the vegetables into dice.
- Sautee the onion, add the rest of vegetables.
- Add the water and the stock. Simmer for 25 minutes when it's almost done add the tomato paste, chopped parsley.
- Season with salt, pepper and stir well then add lemon juice according to your taste. Stir in the juice and serve immediately.