- 1 loaf country bread, sliced into 1/2-inch thick slices
- 1 cup Greek olive oil, plus more for brushing on bread
- Salt and freshly ground pepper
- 1/4 cup fresh lemon juice
- 1 tablespoon chopped fresh dill, plus more for garnish
- 2 English cucumbers, quartered and cut into 1/2-inch dice
- 2 ripe beefsteak tomatoes, cut into 1/2-inch dice
- 1 red onion, peeled, halved and thinly sliced
- 12 ounces feta cheese, crumbled
- Chili oil, for drizzling, optional
- Preheat the grill. Brush the bread with oil on both sides and season with salt and pepper.
- Grill bread on both sides until lightly golden brown.
- Remove the bread to a platter and let sit at room temperature to get slightly hard.
- Meanwhile, whisk together 1 cup olive oil, lemon juice, and dill in a medium bowl.
- Season, to taste, with salt and pepper.
- Fold the cucumber, tomatoes, onion, and feta into the oil mixture and let stand at room temperature for 30 minutes.
- Spoon the mixture over the bread.
- Garnish with additional dill and drizzle with chili oil, if desired. Serve immediately.